Discussion of spiritual practices: awakening, meditation, and the freedom that cannot be lost or found. All perspectives are welcome; advaita, christian, buddhist, islam or even no perspective at all. Just pointing to that which is nearest and dearest.


For some "awakening hints" take a peek at: www.robertflegal.com



Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hello Josh,

Your profound questions and doubts about spirituality and Christianity have moved me to start this blog ... a place where we can (and invite others) consider some of the hard questions that most churches avoid because they are in the business of "selling Jesus". They are not places, in general, where a rigorous search for the spiritual truth is undertaken.

Anyway, my first question for you (anyone reading this blog is welcome to chime in) is: What was Jesus' essential teaching? See if you can state it a few words.

Awaiting your thoughts ...

9 comments:

  1. God's unconditional love and grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love one another but not in a gay way because that would be an abomination.

    Of course, I kid. I think it's important to keep a sense of humor when on this journey.

    Love one another.

    Thanks for inviting me to this forum, Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off seeing your picture made me smile big!
    Secondly I think Jesus was trying to say wake up to right now. That at any given moment you are ok. You dont need to look out side your self to feel ok. You already are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to commend Todd for bringing some humor to this blog. I started this blog in order to tease out what people really think about spirituality not to get "the right answers" ... to breathe some life into what is usually a really boring subject. Anyway thanks Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are forgiven ... period.
    bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. just for fun, I'd though I'd share that the title of this blog happily reminds me of this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKMK3XGO27k&feature=related

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for setting this up, bob. i believe jesus essential teaching was how to love...the beautiful example of real, perfect love for God and for others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God is.

    Beautiful to see you, Bob. Thanks for creating this blog. In peace...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive