Discussion of spiritual practices: awakening, meditation, and the freedom that cannot be lost or found. All perspectives are welcome; advaita, christian, buddhist, islam or even no perspective at all. Just pointing to that which is nearest and dearest.


For some "awakening hints" take a peek at: www.robertflegal.com



Friday, March 25, 2016

Breakdowns are the best part of travel.

Breakdowns force me to see all my expectations about any trip I'm taking, which are almost always out of sync with reality. 

When I'm out of sync with reality, I suffer.

I’m much happier when I’m honoring exactly what life presents in the present moment. Life’s twists and turns are always full of wonder. 

So it is with meditation.  Breakdowns in meditation include noisy meditation settings, barking dogs, fellow meditators who do not “obey the format”, and so forth.  You get the idea.

Meditation is the practice of letting go of expectations and revering the breakdowns.

God controls the night and day. This should be a lesson for those who possess eyes. [Quran 24:44]

peace on you,
bob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive