Discussion of spiritual practices: awakening, meditation, and the freedom that cannot be lost or found. All perspectives are welcome; advaita, christian, buddhist, islam or even no perspective at all. Just pointing to that which is nearest and dearest.


For some "awakening hints" take a peek at: www.robertflegal.com



Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Give it up


Meditation is that act of yielding your creations to that which the Divine has created and graciously offered to you as a gift.

The hallmark of a successful meditation practice is appreciation.


(Quran 45:15) We enjoined the human being to honor his parents. His mother bore him arduously, gave birth to him arduously, and took intimate care of him for thirty months. When he reaches maturity, and reaches the age of forty, he should say, "My Lord, direct me to appreciate the blessings You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and to do the righteous works that please You. Let my children be righteous as well. I have repented to You; I am a submitter."


peace on you,
bob

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,
    Thanks for your invite; I see you are a Christian from your blog. We Muslims make no distinction among the various religions as long as they follow Jesus' command: "Love God with all your heart, mind, and soul and love your brother as yourself". I invite you to read the Quran which, I believe, sheds new light on Jesus' teachings and life.

    (Quran 2:136) Say, "We believe in God, and in what was sent down to us, and in what was sent down to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs; and in what was given to Moses and Jesus, and all the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction among any of them. To Him alone we are submitters."

    peace on you Steve,
    bob

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive