Discussion of spiritual practices: awakening, meditation, and the freedom that cannot be lost or found. All perspectives are welcome; advaita, christian, buddhist, islam or even no perspective at all. Just pointing to that which is nearest and dearest.


For some "awakening hints" take a peek at: www.robertflegal.com



Thursday, November 10, 2011

noticing the Vastness

When we meditate we notice that many things (thoughts, feelings, body sensations, noises, etc.) pass in front of our awareness. That we are aware of all these 'things' is a clear pointer to our essential vastness.


Surrender to the Mystery now … clinging only appears to delay the inevitable victory of the Vastness.


bob

1 comment:

  1. Hello, forgive my bad english but I have a question about observing my thoughs.

    I can observe my sensations, noises, etc... I do it great part of the day meanwhile I'm awake.

    Even I have some sensation sometimes, when in calm, of not being the doer, just the observer, and the things are done without my participation.

    But I can't observe my thoughts while they appear. I'm able to see them in my memory after they dissappear or even be aware of them while they're happening but in the moment the observer appears, they stop.

    If there's observer, there's no thoughts.

    So I cannot really observe my thoughts, If I'm aware of them they stop.

    I feel like if both things (observer and thoughs) were the same thing to some point.

    Can you help me? tell me something about that?

    Best regards from Spain

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive